Saturday, October 27, 2007

In a sewing mood!!!

Finally I am getting my sewing mojo back!!I have been working on this jacket off and on for two weeks.



My first time putting a lining in.


McCall"s 5480
Fabric: velveteen (color navy blue)
notions: two 1 1/2" buttons,interfacing
changes: I added an inch to the sleeves and the length.I wished I had added more on the sleeves.But it is done now, maybe next time.

I had no problems with making this jacket.This was a great pattern!I will be making this jacket again maybe in denim.


My teenager and I spent some mother and son time together today!!We went to an Eastern Michigan University football game.Boy it was cold out today for a football game.Some of them college student had on T-shirts and thats all no coat at all!!And those true football fans painted their chest green for the school colors!And they did not put a coat on or a shirt through the whole game!!All I could do was hope they didn't get sick later!!I am enjoying these times me spend together because you can't get these times back!!


Well that it for me!You all have a great weekend!!

18 comments:

Erica Bunker said...

Your jacket is too cute! Love it!

narcissaqtpie said...

pretty color & style! You brought the mojo back with a bang!

Virtuous said...

I love your velvet jacket! It looks so good!!

Also like your new blog avi pic of the DD and you! :o)

Virtuous said...

I am SO lovin' the velvet jacket!!
It looks really good gurl!

Anonymous said...

That jacket is gorgeous! Congratulations.

Sheila said...

Gasp!! the jacket is Fabulous and great color choice and look at the lining - you go girl!!!

Anonymous said...

now that jacket is fierce! :-D i love it.

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

I love the color of the jacket...I have this pattern and its nice to see it made up!

Jackie said...

The jacket looks great! Glad you got your sewing mojo back!

Lesalicious said...

You did great on the jacket love the lining real nice. Glad you and your son spending lots of time together.:)

Brown English Muffin said...

the more and more I visit your blog the more and more I want to start sewing...your talent is amazing and really inspiring!

Maybe you can get me to go to church on a regular basis once I start sewing!! My mother would love you!!! LOL

Brown English Muffin said...

Oh question...roughly how much did the jacket cost to make...I would love to know the comparison to if I bought it.

Tearsa Smith said...

Oh that looks marvelous! How easy was the pattern?

Veroncia Butler said...

I'm feeling that swing coat Girl. Work It!!!

TheCatLord said...

that jacket is smokin! i wish i knew how to sew!

Adriann said...

Girl you rocked that jacket!!! Love it!

Unknown said...

Your coat looks really warm. Did you wear it to the game? That's great that you got to spend some fun time with your son.

Cennetta said...

Absolutely fabulous! I want one. I bought this pattern a few week ago; never thought of velveteen.