Thursday, October 25, 2007

I AM KNITTING!!!!


Yes you are seeing right I am trying to learn to knit!!I bought this kit at JoAnn Fabric.The kit included sizes six and eight needles,knit tally,cable stitch needle,stitch holder, cabone rings,point protectors,knit gauge and how to knit book all for the fabulous price of 4.99$So one day I will be able to make one of those fabulous knitting patterns!!!!!!!!!It didn't take me long to learn how to do the few stitches I did in the picture.It was hard learning how to hold two needles when you are use to holding one!That is the main thing I need to learn is how to hold those needles in my hand the right way.So that means more practice!!





Well I am starting to get back in a sewing mood.I have started back looking in my fabric stash again to get some ideas on what to make.People out in blog land have been making some beautiful things.This is making me want to pull the sewing machine out again.Maybe this weekend.Anywho I did start a new crochet project.My dd want me to call it Ms Shorty!Why I don't know so Ms Shorty it is!!The color I am using is bone.The yarn I am using is Caron simply soft.

Ms. Shorty!!



I hope every one's week is going great!!
Well that's it for me have a great day!!Happy knitting!!HA HA

7 comments:

Adrienne said...

YAY for you!!!!! lol it's addictive!

Lesalicious said...

Congrats WTG, I also brought the same thing I so want to knit so hoping we both can get it down pack sooner or later:) best of luck on your new hobby:)

Virtuous said...

Bwwwauuuuhhhhhaaaaa!!!! We have brought you over to the dark side! :oD
So glad you are trying out knitting!
Yep getting used to holding two needles is wierd, but it will feel second nature once you keep practicing. Hope those videos are helping you too!

OOOH! I am lovin' Ms. Shorty!!!!!
That bone color is great! Caron yarn is SO soft!

Brown English Muffin said...

That definitely is a ms shorty!! I love the color love it!!!

toy said...

OMG, look at you, well, that is just fabulous, what can I say

Sheila said...

Congratulations on your knitting venture... like Virtuous said - its so addictive. I agree trying to hold 2 needles was very hard for me, but I eventually got it.. and you will too. I am an avid lover of Caron Simply soft - I'm dying to go to Michaels they're having a sale on it.

Anonymous said...

ah, ms. shorty looks great!

go you with the knitting. it definitely took me some practice to get the hang of knitting, but it was well worth it! :-D