Friday, May 11, 2007

I Have A Mother Who Prays

Some have had kings in their lineage,
Some to whom honor was paid.
I don't have those as my ancestors
But I have a mother who prays.
I have a mother who prays for me

And pleads with the Lord every day for me.
Oh what a difference it makes for me
I have a mother who prays.
My mother"s prayers cannot save me,
Only mine can avail;
But Mother introduced me to someone,
someone who never could fail.
Oh yes...I have a mother who prays for me
And pleads with the Lord every day for me.
O what a difference it makes for me
I have a mother who prays.


Author unknown

7 comments:

Maria said...

I love this! I too have a mother who prays for me! Aren't they the best? :)

Leah said...

This is the best poem! In fact, I see this going on one of my scrapbook pages in the very near future!!

Thanks for sharing this.. hope you had a great Mother's Day.

Adriann said...

Great poem! And yes, I have a mother who prays. Thank God for praying mothers!!!

Adriann said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sheila said...

My Mother's Day was beautiful and hope yours was too.

tAnYeTTa said...

love the poem!

thanks for stopping by my blog to say hello.

:)

Brown English Muffin said...

I googled this poem and the first result on the google list was you....what are the odds. it was meant for me to come to your blog this morning I guess.

Hope all is well.