Monday, June 29, 2009

Ramblings and Sewing

My son is home from college!! He got a summer job as a lifeguard at one of the high schools. So I took the kids there to swim and got this cute picture of him and his little sis sitting together.That year away in college have taught him the value of money. He don't spend like he use to!LOL


Now to sewing!

It was windy when my son took this picture!





Pattern: Simplicity 3503 view E. Misses Knit dress in two lenghts with bodice variations.

Sizes: 6-14 I made a size 8.

Fabric: Some knit fabric from Walmart.It was a 1.50$ a yard.

Conclusion: After seeing Ms. Erica B. made her dress like this I had to have it. So when Joann's had their 1.99 Simplicity sale I got it. I just love this dress.I had no problems making it. Like Ms. Erica I used the same fabric for the lining.It also calls for fusible interfacing in the neck band. The only problem I have with this dress is I have no shoes that match it. DARN now I have to go shoe shopping!LOL


Well thats it for me! Happy crafting!!SmileyCentral.com

17 comments:

Mz. Choize said...

Very cute as always! A nice pair of wedges always look great with a maxi!

Tanya said...

Love it.

Erica Bunker said...

Fabulous job on the dress! You can tell just how flowy it is!

urbanknitrix said...

Beautiful!

Me! said...

Great dress, Gold!

Sheila said...

Lovely dress and now I really want to make another one, but in a knit though.

Jackie said...

Cute dress!

Opal said...

Pretty dress and I love the neckline....

QueenSH said...

This turned out fab!! Good excuse to get some new shoes which is always a good thing.

Jackie O. Stitches said...

Looks good, I like that style!!

toy said...

such a beautiful dress, it fits beautiful and the colors and print looks great on you

Anonymous said...

How cute :)

My walmart is hit or miss with fabric. Yours is a treasure trove! Lol

Lesalicious said...

Cute pic of your son and daughter awww. Like the dress. I see everyone is sewing dresses so that most means now I have to hope onto the dress sewing wagon lol. Great job on your dress.

~ Kimberlee B ~ said...

Great job and isn't it wonderful when they start understanding what we've been telling them about money for years.

Kat said...

Oh my gosh! What a terrific dress and it looks terrific on you. It really makes me want to make another one, except summer is thisclose to being over. Sure hope the maxi dresses are still in for next summer.

Home business said...

Congratulations to your son!
I love your dress.
You look stunning!

GFS said...

Omg! I can't believe you made this! It's the perfect summer dress!