Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Little talking and little sewing

Wow it has been a while since I last posted!

Well I have been to my son's first college spring game last month. He is the number 38 the same number he had in high school. They didn't win. :(




Meet my new family members.This is two girl Yorkie their names are Suki and Shay!They are the cutest love them!

Now to sewing!

So many sewers out there have been sewing some beautiful things for the summer!Then I saw Ms. Erica B. beautiful maxi dress and said I have to break my pattern diet and get that pattern!I feel if I wait until the pattern goes on sale then I am not breaking my pattern diet because it will only be a couple bucks RIGHT!LOL Well until then I had to use the patterns I do have.

Simplicity 3797


Pattern: Simplicity 3797

Material: Walmart 1.50$ a yard.Mystery fabric that is machine washable.

Notions: 12inch zipper, one 2" buckle

Conclusion: This was easy dress to sew no troubles.It has a zipper on the side of the dress. I didn't put the belt hooks on the dress. When I had them on there I didn't like the way it sat on my behind didn't look right to me.



Mccall's 5893


Pattern: McCall's easy one hour pattern 5893

Material: Jersey knit from Walmart 1.50$ a yard.

Conclusion:Well it took me 2 hours to make this dress not long at all! No troubles and the only notion I needed was the elastic I had to use in the waist!! Very easy to make!!


Well that's it for me!! Happy crafting!!

20 comments:

Adrienne said...

Cute patterns! I'm glad to see that McCall's one sewn up! I like that!!

Jackie O. Stitches said...

Good job, looks nice on you!

Claudine said...

I love both dresses, and I love that you look like 2 completely different people in the pics. It's nice to have dresses to match every mood.

Pam Erny said...

What lovely dresses...look great on you!

Sheila said...

Beautiful dresses and really like the print for your maxi-dress.

Edris said...

Very cute dresses. I missed that easy McCall's one. I want that style dress. I bought the simplicity one last year and am currently making one of the shorter views. I am having some fitting issues so it is just sitting for now.
The dogs are precious.

Virtuous said...

The Yorkies are PRECIOUS!! I can't believe no one else mentioned them! :o)

And of course beautiful dresses too! So worth breaking your pattern diet!

Mz. Choize said...

Oh my, those Yorkies are soo cute! I'm a dog lover, that pic made me pick up my bad lil Westie and give him a hug, I remember when he was born.

Those dresses are awesome, and your Walmart have really nice fabrics! I wish ours had a better selection.....lol.

Jackie said...

Cute dresses! Love the fabrics you used!

Dawn Bibbs said...

Sorry your sons team didn't win.

LOVE the dress! I've been looking for an easy dress pattern. Looks like "I" might even be able to make this one. I am really loving the maxi dresses.

Thanks for the inspiration...Enjoy your weekend.

Anonymous said...

I love both of your dresses! How cute!!

Faye Lewis said...

Ok, I've been struggling with choosing a pattern for a maxi dress. Had to come back here to take a second look at yours - your picture sold me - I'm going to go with this one.

Cennetta said...

The dresses are beautiful and perfect for the season. It's so nice to hear of young people enjoying college life. The new family members are too cute. I want one.

~ Kimberlee B ~ said...

Everything is so pretty and perfectly made. Again, you have great looking kids, including the new additions!

urbanknitrix said...

Those dresses are awesome. You are FIYAH in that first one. Loves it.

Look at the two doggies, they are too cute. I love the pink.

Marty said...

Don't you just LOVE the Walmart $1.50 table? I just prewash what I get to be sure it will wash alright and I have clothes people are always complimenting me on. I even made the nicest jacket out of a home dec flat fold from Walmart. Turned out classy! I'm allergic to spending a lot of money for fabric-after all, that's why my Mom taught me to sew-to save money!

Christy said...

love the dresses
i almost bought the McCalls pattern because it didn't do much for me but now that I see done a real person I want it.

QueenSH said...

Isn't this the best pattern! So easy!! The fabric is fab..

Ki said...

I haven't read your blog in a minute. You have been sewing your butt off. I love the dresses you have made. I have the M5893 pattern, I am going to attempt to finish it by tomorrow..hopefully. I really need a lining though, you can see thru my material.
Awww, and I love your two new babies, they are so cute.

Kat said...

What beautiful dresses! You really turned up the summer heat in them ;) .