Sunday, July 24, 2011

Maxi ! Maxi !




Pattern description: Simplicity 2401 Misses dress and jumpsuit each in two lengths.

Where the instruction easy to follow? Yes

What did you particularly like or dislike about this pattern?. No dislikes. What I love about this dress was how the back of the bodice was made.

Fabric used: Cotton blend from JoAnn fabric clearance rack for 2.50 a yard.

Pattern alteration or any design changes you made? No

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others ? Yes I would make this again next summer if maxi dresses are still in style.

Conclusion: I love this maxi dress! LOL!




Pattern description: Simplicity 3503 Misses knit dress in two lenghts with bodice variations.

Where the instruction easy to follow? Yes I had no troubles.

What did you particularly like or dislike about this pattern?. No dislikes.

Fabric used: Knit fabric from JoAnns once again clearance rack I think it was 2.00 a yard.

Pattern alteration or any design changes you made? No This dress calls for a lining I used the same fabric for the lining.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others ? This is the second time I have made something from this pattern. I don't know it I would sew this again.

Conclusion: This is a great pattern if you like knit maxi dresses or dresses.




Pattern description:  Simplicity 2380 Girls jumpsuit in two lengths, dress and shrug.

Where the instruction easy to follow? Very easy

What did you particularly like or dislike about this pattern?. No dislikes

Fabric used: Cotton

Pattern alteration or any design changes you made? No

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others ? Yes

Conclusion: My dd love this jumpsuit she want me to make  her another one in brown . LOL! Diva!





Well thats it for me I hope everyone is still enjoying there summer! Happy crafting!



31 comments:

Me! said...

Lovely outfits, lovely ladis!

Anonymous said...

Both dresses are beautiful.... I have this pattern and seeing your garments reminded me that I have a great print tucked away in my stash that would be perfect for it! Again, great job!!!

Sheila said...

Pretty .... Pretty maxis..love the prints. Awww look at your lil princess... Cute jumper.

Adrienne said...

Cute! I'm on a maxi kick myself lol

Manecoarse said...

Cute dresses. I love the way you accessorized too. Your daughter has good taste. That jumpsuit is adorable.

Peggy's Closet said...

The jumpsuit is adorable, and the maxi dresses are lovely!

Monica D said...

Well done!

knitmachinequeen (KMQ) said...

Jada I have the pink and brown fabric. I'd forgotten all about it. I got it at Walmart last year. I'm going to have to dig it out and use it. Thanks for the reminder.

Unknown said...

those look amazing!!!!

Anonymous said...

Her Romper is soo cute!

Cennetta said...

Great looking maxi dresses. And nice romper for your DD.

Myra said...

This is a really nice maxi dress! Great fabric too and I think your DD is just adorable!!! The jumper is cute too!!

narcissaqtpie said...

LOVE those dresses! You and ur daughter are beauties!

Chicca said...

Maxi dresses are on great trend this season!You look gorgeous!
http://chiccastyle.blogspot.com/

Virginia's Daughter said...

WOW! Nice, nice, nice! Your DD is too cute and has great taste too...gotta have one in brown! Your dresses are just lovely! At first I thought they were the same pattern....Simplicity 2401 which I have....but have forgotten about until now. The greatness of this dress reminded me...then I realized that the second dress has not as much flare as the first. What a couple of GREAT dresses you have added to your summer wardrobe! You look fantastic in BOTH of them! Nice work Jada! Nice work!

Omega said...

Very pretty maxi dresses for you and your cutie pie daughter!

Tanya said...

Love the maxi dresses and your little diva is too cute in her jumpsuit.

sunny said...

The boldly patterened maxi dresses look amazing on you! I haven't been that into maxi dresses only because they really hide your body shape and I feel like they make me look even plumper than I already am. =( But it doesn't have that effect at ALL on you! Wow. Lucky you. You look great!

Victoria said...

Beautiful dresses and cute jumpsuit for your little one. You always use the prettiest fabrics!

Greta said...

cute dresses!!! and you baby is simply beautiful!!!

Rachel said...

I love your maxi dresses. I have yet to make myself a maxi dress, but I am going to do so eventually. I love the little jumpsuit, too--so cute!!!

Andrea said...

Both maxi dresses are beautiful and I'm a big fan of them. Your daughter's jumpsuit is too cute. By the way, I love your hair.

Lippylash said...

You ladies look gorgeous!!

Alviana said...

awesome job for all three! you look gorgoues and ur daughter is absolutely cute! :)

Brown English Muffin said...

simply amazing!

wedding makeup artists sydney said...

i love your blog so much and you look absolutely gorgeous in all your pictures! please do another blog post soon! wedding makeup artist Sydney

lesapeamusings.blogspot said...

I love maxis, you look great. This is my first time to your blog as well. Happy Weekend

Lisa x

lesapeamusings.blogspot said...

I am a new follower to your blog as well. Thank you for coming by and following.

Lisa x

House of Pinheiro said...

fab dresses

Anonymous said...

both dresses are wonderful!

fashionableroad.blogspot.com

lasophia said...

Maxi dress and jumpsuit pattern? Hello! I would love these. Rumor has it Im getting a sewing machine and table for Xmas.. hmmmm.

Sophia
http://lasophialasophia.blogspot.com