Thursday, July 7, 2011

butterick 5351 & Simplicity suede 0445

Hey guys hope you had a great holiday weekend! We had a barbecue with family and friends. I love when we all get together. Well I did get some sewing in before the holiday.












Pattern: Butterick 5351


Fabric: cotton from JoAnn fabric for 2.50 a yard off the clearance rack.


Conclusion: Super easy dress. It call for a 16" zipper so I did a invisible zipper. I have to say I am getting better with that.



I also did some sewing for my niece.





Pattern: Simplicity Suede 0445


Fabric: cotton from JoAnn fabric for 2.50 a yard.


Conclusion: Super cute and super easy! I think this is a cute skirt that most teenagers would like. It calls for a invisible zipper more practice for me.



In the month of I think March I decided to go natural with my hair without the big chop. Yep no more perms. I made this decision after talking to my dd. My dd is always asking me to put a perm in her hair and I would always say noooo! I told her she didn't need a perm because her hair is beautiful like it is. Sooooo one day she told me if our hair is beautiful why do you have a perm. After that I told her I will not put another perm in my hair.I love it and when I don't love it I put on a wig LOL.The style I have in the pic is a week old twist out. My dd loves that we are doing this together. The things we do for our kids.


Well that's it for me. Happy crafting to all!!! : )

14 comments:

Victoria said...

Your dress is so pretty-love the fabric and the skirt for your Niece is so hip and modern. Congrats on going the natural route with your little girl. Your hair is so pretty and it must be nice to have that option:)

narcissaqtpie said...

First: When I first started reading the post the first thing I noticed was your hair I thought Is she going natural? cause I liked the "new" look. Then I focused on the dress which is totally cute by the way. Then: I read on about your daughter's "observations" and the hair and I am all smiles! Way to go!

Unknown said...

Hey, Jada,

Great results on your latest creations. And congrats on going natural! My 3rd year anniversary of being natural is coming up next month. I took to wearing wigs four months ago, and I love it. It gave me a break from styling my hair, and it's a great protective style. There are so many helpful blogs and forums out there for us naturals. Good luck on your journey!

Tanya said...

Love the dress and your hair, I'm going to take the plunge one day.

Sheila said...

The dress looks great on you and your niece is going to love her skirt.

Congrats on going Natural and you look great. You are so brave... when I question whether I can go natural ... I have nightmares of a tangle mess...lol.

Adrienne said...

Cute stuff! You look great!

Rachel said...

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I am so happy to have found yours. You are so talented and your dress and your niece's dress are fantastic!!

Jen said...

Love your new dress and your skirt for your niece. I'm going to have to check out that skirt might be up my dd alley. Love the hair. Great job going natural with your daughter.

Patrice said...

Love your nieces outfitit, it's really cute!

dblchin (double chin) said...

Love ur sewing! Think i lost my skill long time ago!

Andrea said...

Your dress and the skirt you made for your niece look great. I love your hair!!!

Aminat said...

Wow love your beautiful fabric and lovely fabric choice as well. Your hair is so great

Cennetta said...

Two great looking outfit. Love the natural look. It's fresh.

Unknown said...

Love the dresses!! Your hair looks good, go natrual is the best. I switch back and forth between my curls and flat iron depending on my mood -- I havn't used a relaxer in over 10 yrs and aks myslf why did I ever?? lol