Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Simplicity 2257 and Butterick 4815




Back

Front



Simplicity 2257
Skirt view A
Misses slim and flared skirts, each in two lengths.

Fabric: Ladies your mother always told you not to buy no cheap a fabric. Well this fabric I got from JoAnns and it was started fraying as I was sewing it. But I kept with it because I had already started with it. So I will wear this outfit until it fades away. LOL!

Conclusion: This was a fun skirt to make. If I knew how to alter patterns I would have widen it in the hip area a little more. The waist fits great and I love the length I will be making this skirt again.

Butterick 4815
Vest view B
Fitted, lined vest has neckline and front closing variations and princess seams.A: faux collar, double-breasted and ribbon belt. B: back flounce.

Fabric: same as skirt.

Conclusion: Love this vest will make it again. No troubles making this vest.Direction was clear and easy to follow.

IF any of you could give me some names of some good books that teach pattern altering let me know. Thanks!!

Well that's it for me happy crafting to all!!! :)

14 comments:

Bootzey said...

Nice. I thought you were going to wear it without a blouse!

Jackie said...

It's a cute outfit. Also nice to see you back in blogland.

Adrienne said...

CUte!!! I"ve been wanting a vest too lol.

Mz. Choize said...

I love the whole outfit, great job!! Welcome back.

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

Love, love this look! So cute and professional...you look awesome in this combo!

Sheila said...

Great outfit and like it paired with that top.

Anonymous said...

FABULOUS! I love this!

Nicole Craven said...

great office look!


www.lovelyinfluence.com

toy said...

Beautiful. You look so good in this suit.

Vanessa said...

I really like this look! The vest is fabulous! I can't wait until I sew my first one!

Monique said...

Oh my goodness Jada! I'm loving this outfit! Nice choice!
Looks great on you too.

budget chic said...

Jada, great job on that vest and pencil skirt set. I need one of those in my closet! I love the fabric you chose as well. Looking Good!

Brown English Muffin said...

beautiful!!!

Candice said...

OMG! This is goregeous, fresh, this is gorgeous!