Saturday, October 30, 2010

Halloween costume

Finally finally I finished my dd costume Thursday night about 3:00 in the morning.I was so busy I couldn't start until that night anywho I did get it done. She told me no wings and no wand this year. I think this will be her last princess costume. :(



McCall's 4887




I should have taken these picture before she wore this costume out because she got spots all over it and broke the hook off for the button.


Pattern: McCall's 4887 view A.

Fabric: skirt contrast : tulle , vest is satin and lining was cotton.
I used I guess you can call it fabric jewelry on her vest. I used fabric glue to put them on. I couldn't find a lace I wanted to use on her costume so that why we use the jewelry. She said her classmates loved her costume that made me happy.

Well that's it for me have a safe Halloween!!

6 comments:

Tanya said...

Too cute, you did a great job.

knitmachinequeen (KMQ) said...

Very cute and what better way to get a garment finished than by having an impending deadline!

narcissaqtpie said...

What a pretty princess! Looks great for late night sewing - skills.

Brown English Muffin said...

She looks adorable...I love it....it's funny how in the first pic it looks pink then outside it looks lilac!!!

Unknown said...

Hey, Jada, great job on the costume. Your daughter looks adorable.

Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting. It's at a new address now: http://motherspirit1.wordpress.com. Even if you disagree with what I write about, I invite your wisdom and insights.

Anonymous said...

Jada, Did you find this fairy costume to be true to size or does it run large? Thx, Sharon